About this opportunity:
- This is an Expression of Interest Portal for ongoing opportunities that are available in the Mental Health Inpatient Unit.
- To meet the needs of our health service and our community, we’re growing our workforce and have various permanent and temporary opportunities for Registered Nurses available now in the Mental Health Inpatient Unit.
Important information about this EOI Portal:
- Information on salary and remuneration in Queensland Health for nurses is available by clicking here ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/hrpolicies/wage_rates/nursing ).
- Submission of an application to this EOI Portal is not a guarantee that you will be offered employment with Queensland Health.
- The EOI Portal is just one avenue of seeking employment with the Mackay Hospital and Health Service. You also have the option to apply for other advertised vacancies via the the Smart Jobs ( https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobtools/jncustomsearch.jobsearch?in_organid=14904 ), Seek ( https://www.seek.com.au/ ) and LinkedIn ( https://www.linkedin.com/ ) websites.
- By submitting an application, you will not automatically be considered for advertised vacancies for other jobs within the MHHS. If you wish to be considered for a specific advertised vacancy, submit your application online via the Smart Jobs ( https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobtools/jncustomsearch.jobsearch?in_organid=14904 ) website.
- If deemed suitable, your details will remain in our system and you may be contacted further should an opportunity arise.
- You may be requested by the MHHS to participate in other recruitment and selection processes (such as written application, interview, etc) in order to further determine your suitability for employment for specific positions.
- If deemed suitable, your details will remain in this EOI Portal, and you may be contacted further should an opportunity arise.
What Mackay HHS can offer you:
Mackay Hospital and Health Service provides a competitive remuneration package and a working environment which embraces professional development, builds capabilities and supports staff to maximise their health and wellbeing. Additional benefits include:
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work/life balance, variety and flexibility
Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) Immunisation Requirements:
Some roles within Queensland Health are designated as ‘Vaccination Preventable Disease (VPD) risk roles’. A VPD risk role is a role in which the incumbent may be exposed to the risk of acquisition and/or transmission of a VPD. If you are applying for a role that has been designated as a VPD risk role you must be able to provide evidence that you either:
- have been vaccinated against the VPDs listed in the role description; or
- you are not susceptible to the VPDs listed in the role description.
You will be asked by the recruiting manager to supply this evidence if you are the preferred candidate for the role. Any job offer would be subject to the supply of evidence related to VPD in addition to other required employment screening. More information and evidence forms can be found at here.
How to Apply:
For full details of this position, download the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants. Please note: if the information requested in the ‘How you will be assessed’ section is not provided you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application. The Information Package for Applicants outlines pre-employment checks that will be undertaken for successful applicants.