The Department of Cardiac Sciences and section of Cardiac Surgery are seeking temporary (6 months) hospitalist assistance to care for patients on unit 91 post cardiac open heart surgery. The need has arisen as a result of current NP shortages. The care of post-op patients is a shared responsibility with NPs, and CV surgery residents who report to the Cardiac Surgeons as the MRP. The hospitalists would work with the multi-disciplinary team. The current need is up to several days per week.
· Assume primary care responsibilities for up to 20 complex post-CV surgery patients
· Work closely with CV surgery team including NPs, residents and attending physicians who will remain the MRP
· Transfer patients to hospitalist service or cardiology when acute post-surgical issues have been resolved
· Teach and prepare patients for discharge
· Complete discharge summaries and discharge planning including referral to cardiac wellness, home care, rehabilitation facilities
· Will involve daytime coverage including weekends when required.
Liaise with transition services, OT and PT to promote patient dischargeQualifications:
· Hospitalist with AHS privileges at the FMC
· Full licensure with the CPSA and CMPA coverage
· Comfort with cardiovascular medicine and post-operative medicine
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
· Must be able to prioritize and multi-task workload and triage acutely ill patientsCompensation:
Hospitalist ARP.Recruiter Contact:
Applicants are to submit three letters of reference and curriculum vitae (in pdf format) to:
Dr. Imitaz Ali
Section Chief, Cardiac Surgery
C852A, 1403-29th Street NW
Calgary, T2N 2T9
|Location:||Canada Alberta Calgary|
Healthcare and Medical
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.