A successful candidate for the Medical Office of Health (MOH) – Edmonton Zone (EZ) position would be a Physician (Medical Doctor) eligible for licensure in Alberta, and have his/her FRCP(C) with specialty in Public Health and Preventive Medicine (or equivalent).
Reporting to the Zone Lead Medical Officer of Health (ZLMOH), Edmonton Zone the successful candidate will perform in accordance to the established public health standards, as well as will act in a leadership position within Alberta Health Services.
Under the Public Health Act, the MOH has statutory responsibilities related to investigation and control of communicable diseases, infection prevention and control and environmental threats to the health of the population.
The MOH has responsibility for bringing a public health/population health perspective to strategic and operational planning in the health system. This includes participation in the planning, delivery and evaluation of health promotion, disease and injury prevention and emergency/disaster management initiatives.
• Provide public health leadership and expertise as a Public Health Consultant.
• Provide expertise, leadership and clinical guidance in areas of environmental public health, indigenous health, Public Health Surveillance & Infrastructure, infection prevention and control, communicable disease control and immunization programming.
• Develop and lead strategic initiatives applicable to population and public health matters.
• Work as the physician partner of Public Health Directors and Managers in public health matters.
• Participate in public health research
• Teaching learners and health practitioners public and population health principles and practices;
• Participate in on-call services to respond to all public health situations.Qualifications:
• MD eligible for licensure in Alberta.
• FRCP(C) with specialty in Public Health and Preventive Medicine, or other equivalent fellowship training. CCFP with additional training in public health (MPH) may be considered.
• Experience in the areas of: leadership, financial management, planning and program development.
• Recent experience in public health/preventive medicine practice, ideally in the Canadian context.
• Communicate well both orally and written
•Accurately deliver Public Health messages by presenting to medical and non-medical groups, as well as in doing interviews with media
• Develops and maintains a network of effective strategic relationships with clients, internal peers and
colleagues in municipalities, provincial and federal governments to gain support in order to achieve
business goalsRecruiter Contact:
AHS values the diversity of the people and communities we serve, and is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please submit one application for each position desired as copies of applications will not be submitted for multiple postings on your behalf. Applications must include skills and ability for the position, since selection is based on information provided in the application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for applying with the AHS.
All new offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Records Check satisfactory to the employer. This information is collected by the authority of the Protection for Person in Care Act (Section 10(4)).
Copyright © 2013. Alberta Health Services
|Location:||Canada Alberta Edmonton|
Healthcare and Medical
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.