Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Consumer Products business is responsible for product line strategy, acquisition, portfolio management and customer engagement for American Express Consumer Credit and Charge cards in Australia & New Zealand.
This exciting role is part of the newly formed Business Insights and Analytics team in our Proprietary Card Services (PCS) team. This team will be responsible for providing end to end insights and analytical support to various PCS teams by:
- Identifying and analysing customer, portfolio and industry trends to enable data driven decision that would drive not just Consumer but Enterprise business growth
- Creating tools that will enable acquisition and product managers to consistently and effectively design and offer products/treatments that suite our customer’s needs
As the successful candidate you will be reporting to the Director, Business Insights and Analytics and will manage a team of two Assistant Managers and two Business Analysts.
- Program Analytics: Ongoing analysis of key product metrics, profitability levers, customer behaviours and trends. Generate insights and analysis to support product development and decisions.
- Development of Strategic Plans and Initiatives: Lead or provide support to PCS teams on the development of key strategic initiatives. This may include investment decisions, business opportunities and the cost/benefit analysis.
- Business Performance Tracking and Trajectory: Work closely with business partners in Finance, Risk and Central teams to consolidate and report on financial and non-financial information.
- Competitive Analysis: Analysis of business performance against environmental and competitive trends and research evaluation/opportunity assessment.
- Communications: Provide support with presentation materials for business unit reviews, senior leader market visits and other key meetings.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations. Qualifications
To be considered for this position you must possess:
- Solid demonstrable commercial experience with a combination of product/portfolio management, analytics and stakeholder management within the payments industry
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, balanced with the ability to turn data and insights into strategy and actions
- Very strong business/financial acumen with the ability to identify and size growth opportunities and measure results
- Strong time management, prioritization, communication, stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and SAS/SQL skills
Along with the above skills, you will be a multi-tasker who is self-driven and be able to remain calm and focussed in times of fast changing work priorities. You will be a passionate people leader with exceptional attention to detail and influencing skills. Ready to take on a challenge and make an impact? Apply today!