he Department of Anesthesia, Alberta Health Services Calgary Zone invites applications for an Anesthesiologist with an Academic position, at the Clinical Lecturer level at the Foothills Medical Centre in Calgary. The position will be a 0.8 FTE. The starting date for this position will be August 1, 2019.
You would be expected to be involved in all clinical areas (with the exception of cardiac anesthesia) of the section, including:
1. Clinical anesthesia care in the operating rooms, pre-operative assessment clinic(s), acute pain consultation service and obstetrical anesthesia.
2. Take an active role in the education and instruction of medical students, anesthesia residents, off service residents, respiratory therapy students, and other allied health members in both the operating room and other anesthesia service areas.
3. Participate in Section and zone-wide educational activities (in both presentation and audience roles).
4. Participate in simulation and team-training exercises.
5. Participate in Section and zone-wide administration and committee work at the discretion of the Section Chief and Zone Clinical Department Head.
6. As a citywide department, there is also an expectation of work at non-hospital surgical facilities, as well as other acute care sites as required by the section or zone department.
7. Members are required to use the anesthesia electronic record.
8. Members are required to adhere to Section holiday and time off scheduling practices.
9. Your call commitment will be consistent with that of other members of your section.Additional Notes About Calgary
Calgary is approximately 80km east of the Canadian Rockies and is located in the transition zone between the Rocky Mountain Foothills and the Canadian prairies. It is the largest city in Alberta, with a metropolitan population of 1,239,220 people (Statistics Canada, 2016). The city is large in physical area, consisting of an inner city surrounded by suburban communities of various densities.
Calgary’s climate is greatly influenced by the city’s elevation and proximity to the Rocky Mountains. Calgary’s winters are broken up by warm, dry Chinook winds that routinely blow into the city from over the mountains during the winter months.
Calgary has a vibrant theatre, art, food, sports and music community. It was designated as one of the cultural capitals of Canada in 2012. The city features an eclectic mix of restaurants and bars, cultural venues, public squares and shopping.Qualifications:
The successful Candidate will have their FRCPC in Anesthesia; demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team; superior interpersonal communication skills; and a strong commitment to delivering innovative anesthetic care.
Applicants must be a qualified MD or equivalent, with specialist certification in anesthesia, eligibility for licensure in the Province of Alberta for independent anesthesia care.
Candidates with established background in clinical and basic science research and/or academic teaching preferred.
Desired competencies include Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support and Advanced Life Support.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Must read, write and speak English.Compensation:
To be discussed at InterviewRecruiter Contact:
Dr. Duc Ha
Anesthesia Section Chief, FMC
Foothills Medical Centre, C222
1403-29th Street NW
Calgary, AB T2N 2T9
|Location:||Canada Alberta Calgary|
Healthcare and Medical
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.