Global Merchant Services, the merchant network of American Express, acquires, maintains and grows relationships with merchants (B2C and B2B) who welcome American Express branded cards. The Senior Manager will be responsible for growing and managing the relationship with fast-growing companies located primarily in California.
- Do you enjoy identifying new ways to increase revenue and drive business results?
- Are you opportunistic and a problem-solver?
- Do you take pride in learning about different customers and finding new ways to engage with them?
The ideal candidate will be a glass half-full kind of person, a results-oriented self-starter with an ability to work in a dynamic, team-based environment. You’ll be the main point of contact for approximately 85 clients within an exciting portfolio. You will be responsible for managing and expanding American Express’ merchant relationships through consultation and creativity.Qualifications
- Highly customer-focused and results-driven, with demonstrated success in pipeline management
- 5+ years of working experience in similar field or function required with emphasis on B2B expansion within managed base
- Strong business knowledge and financial acumen
- Strong partner or relationships management, sales, collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills – internally and externally; including with c-level executives
- Creative problem solving and strategic thinking skills; ability to think broadly to match or create appropriate and new solutions to client needs
- Self-motivated with ability to work well within a team
- Ability to remain flexible and manage change in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the merchant business and/or the U.S. payments industry and portfolio geography are pluses
- Must be personable, engaging and confident
- MBA preferred but not required
Position is virtual with candidate residing in the Western Region. The majority of the merchants are located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.