American Express’ Partner Growth Solutions team is within US Consumer Marketing Services (CMS) and is in search of a talented business professional that will report to the VP, Partner Growth Solutions. The Partner Growth Solution team’s mission is to identify strategic opportunities to leverage American Express assets and capabilities to drive commercial partnerships for the purpose of delivering incremental value to our Card Members and across the blue box. This value is in the form of increased partner funded value to Card Members, deepened co-brand relationships and increased CMS marketing efficiency leveraging the data, insights and capabilities of our partnerships. Partnerships are formed for mutual benefit of our partners and the blue box. This Director will be responsible for leading the cross functional product, governance and engagement strategy for new and evolving partnerships. The role requires the ability to define product needs that optimize business strategy and business risk. They will be tasked with ensuring a streamlined process of engaging relevant Business Partners, Business Operations, Operational Excellence, Risk SMEs and governance stakeholders for cross-business unit initiatives. Embracing design principles will be critical as this Director will work closely with internal AXP product and capabilities owners to drive innovation. Operational and Product Strategy is accountable for shaping products and operating controls that meet business goals and are within the requirements of the Enterprise governance risk standards by working with Operational Excellence, GRBC and IAG as necessary. Lastly, the individual will lead operational processes specific to Partner Growth Solutions that support business goals which may include external facing website and partner financial management. Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Engaging across a portfolio of projects that may cross multiple business units as prioritized by senior leadership including but not limited to: US Consumer Marketing, Global Merchant Network Services, and Enterprise Digital & Analytics.
- Interfacing and building relationships throughout the blue box with business owners and Risk SMEs to understand scope of interest, while simultaneously working with external partners and collaborating with the Partnership team toward shaping differentiated solutions.
- Provide proactive guidance with an intuitive sense of risk management to Partnerships team, Product and Capabilities teams as business development processes evolve.
- Lead and coach a team of two senior managers for the day to day strategy socialization, internal control development and execution of business operations.
- Consulting and supervising business operations including ensuring cross-functional control requirements are included in partner contracts, tracking mutual contractual obligations.
- 8-10+ years of related work experience
- High capacity for intellectual curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication with experience presenting to a wide range of audience both senior and junior
- Ability to lead without authority and drive solution based outcomes
- Previous experience in working with strategy teams, risk stakeholders and/or product development is preferred
- Experience with (or strong interest in) marketing strategies, information technology, business development.
- Experience operating in highly matrixed organizations and cross-functional teams
- Financial services industry experience highly preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.