Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This opportunity is within the fast-growing American Express GMS Insights & Analytics team which is a part of a high-energy, entrepreneurial team. We are responsible for developing new business opportunities, launching new products and services, expanding product distribution to support merchant value and drive fee-based revenue growth. Also, we closely partner with Small Merchants Analytics team in US and provides analytical services for OptBlue programs and to our partners.
We offers powerful data and actionable insights to attract new businesses engage with Amex, help existing businesses improve performance and capitalize on new opportunities. Our world class analytics team applies rigorous solution-oriented analysis and modeling techniques to help businesses attract and retain customers, understand market trends, track and diagnose market share changes and improve advertising and marketing effectiveness.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide analytical support to the business in order to attract and retain customers, understand market trends, track market share changes and improve marketing effectiveness.
Independently working with regional partners/customers to deliver on custom value analytics & actionable insights.
• Independently working with regional partners/customers to deliver on custom value analytics & actionable insights
• Utilize broad set of analytical tools/techniques for data mining, data cleansing, data extraction, analysis & transformation, data interpretation & insights, turn-key bundled analytic & reporting solutions.
• Experience consulting with business owners and recommending appropriate solutions based on clear understanding of business needs
• Work on various In house reporting tools to pull standard & custom reports
• Identify and recommend process improvements based on results of analytics work
• Enhancing the data analytical and capabilities infrastructure
Critical Factors to Success:
• Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and measurement
• Ability to drive business insights from the data and provide actionable steps.
• Effective in written and verbal communication with partners located globally.