Please note: This position can also be filled by a Health Practitioner or Administration Officer as per Role Description.
An opportunity has become available for a Clinical Nurse Consultant (Quality Coordinator) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 9000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Providing leadership and expert quality management that is informed by strategic direction to the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service (GCHHS) Chair/Board, Executive teams and Service Line managers to assist in meeting identified healthcare outcomes and improve efficiency and client safety
- Establishing and/or maintaining frameworks, processes and systems to continually monitor, review and support evaluation of quality activities and standards of care that align with GCHHS priorities and strategic direction
- Providing leadership, support and training that assist the GCHHS in achieving accreditation to ACHS EQuIP, National and NSQHS standards
- Coordination and evaluation of Hospital and Health Service clinical indicator submissions, patient satisfaction surveys and standards of care self-assessments
- Liaising and working collaboratively with key National and State-wide Quality and Safety groups, including data submissions
Requirements for the role
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- A Bachelor of Nursing or Midwifery or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Certified copies of relevant qualification and registration must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties
- Career Development
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent full time
- Base salary ranging from $110 499 - $119 964 per annum
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Day and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About Clinical Governance Services
Clinical Governance Services supports an integrated approach to meeting Gold Coast Health's clinical governance agenda to ensure patient safety and continuous quality improvement. The Unit provides expertise and support to the operational directorates in the delivery of safe, high quality services. The Unit provides leadership and management of patient safety, patient feedback, quality improvement and governance assurance services.
The Clinical Governance Services has two streams:
- Safe Healthcare – leading patient safety, patient liaison, mortality review and assurance services
- Quality Healthcare – leading quality coordination and quality assurance services.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework (PDF) ( https://www.goldcoast.health.qld.gov.au/sites/default/files/Core%20Capability%20Framework_GOV002420.pdf ) which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Thursday, 14 February 2019.
Job Ad reference: GC301207
Please note: no third party applications will be accepted.