Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This position will support the Global Security team to protect American Express, and its customers and employees against harm and losses by providing a full range of investigative services in a prudent, professional manner.
- Conducting investigations relating to financial fraud, computer/cybercrimes, data privacy breaches, internal fraud, and other related cases, by gathering and analyzing documentary evidence, conducting field interviews, preparing case reports and coordinating investigations with law enforcement;
- Contributing to the long-term goal of reducing/controlling Card and Stored Value product fraud by interfacing with law enforcement, merchants and other security-minded organizations;
- Providing cross-functional support to other members of the Global Security team, as directed by the Manager–Investigations & Security Services.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience in financial fraud and cybercrime investigations;
- Law enforcement background desirable;
- Bachelors Degree preferably in business or legal discipline;
- Cyber investigation knowledge and experience preferred;
- Detailed understanding of local prosecution guidelines, privacy laws and associated criminal laws;
- Demonstrated skills in conducting field investigations involving financial and cyber/computer fraud;
- Highly developed analytical abilities with basic knowledge of finance and related transactions;
- A team-oriented mindset and ability to assimilate with the organization’s enterprise-wide approach;
- Ability to make formal presentations before diverse groups;
- Strong interviewing and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent verbal, written and computer skills;
- Flexibility in schedule required (Position is on call 24/7/365).