An opportunity has become available for a Clinical Nurse Consultant (Ed-LinQ Coordinator) to join Gold Coast Health where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region.
You will take responsibility for
- Leading and managing staff by fostering and committing to patient safety and quality in delivery of healthcare and provide clinical governance to ensure continued high quality, safe services in the relevant work area
- Demonstrating an expert level of knowledge of contemporary nursing practice, apply theory to practice in delivery of direct and indirect clinical care, and the ability to apply relevant legislation, guidelines and standards and ensure high level clinical practice
- Maintaining high level interpersonal and communication skills with members of the health care team, patients/clients/residents and visitors to the service
Requirements for the role
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: as required by HR Policy B1 measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- A Bachelor of Nursing or Midwifery or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A Masters qualification within a relevant area is highly desirable. Where the successful applicant does not currently hold a relevant post-graduate qualification, commitment to completion of post-graduate study within an agreed timeframe is expected and will form part of the performance review process
- Registered nurses working within Mental Health are to be credentialed through the College of Mental Health Nurses, or be prepared to work towards a credential in Mental health nursing within an agreed period.
- A post-graduate qualification in the specialty area is highly desirable
- Experience in senior nursing positions within a relevant specialty is highly desirable
- This position requires effective computer skills or the ability to acquire computer skills relevant to the role in a short timeframe
- This position may be required to work across Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Temporary full time (up to twelve months with the possibility of extension)
- Base salary ranging from $4235.40 - $4598.20 per fortnight
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About the Child and Youth Mental Health Services
The Ed-LinQ Program is part of the Child and Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS). Ed-LinQ aims to develop, support and embed cross-sectoral systems, procedures and capacity that support the early detection and collaborative care of mental health problems or illness experienced by school-aged children and young people.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework ( http://gchweb.sth.health.qld.gov.au/people-and-corporate-services/human-resource-services/organisation-capability/core-capability-framework.html ) which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Monday, 1 April 2019
Job Ad reference: GC305652
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.