Employment Type: Permanent Part Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $31.58 - $44.34
Hours Per Week: 16
Requisition ID: REQ113472
Where you'll be working
Northern Sydney’s vision is to be
"leaders in healthcare, partners in community wellbeing". Our purpose
is “embracing discovery and learning, building partnerships and engaging our
community to deliver excellent health and wellbeing.”
What you'll be doing
The Registered Nurse (RN) within Mental Health Drug and Alcohol (MHDA) Services leads and supports quality patient health outcomes with a focus of recovery across a range of health care settings. The RN assumes a leadership role within the nursing team supporting, coaching and leading nursing staff including Enrolled Nurses (EN) and Assistants in Nursing (AIN). The RN plans, implements and evaluates specific mental health nursing care activities that support the multidisciplinary health care team and ensures safe practice within adopted models of care.
Candidates will need to meet the
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- Registered Nurse – Division 1 with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Current mental health, drug and alcohol clinical knowledge and clinical problem solving ability.
- A commitment to excellence in mental health nursing practice and continuing professional development.
- Ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- An understanding of the professional, ethical and legal requirements of the Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the use of information technology systems.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Patricia Zaferis on 02 9887 5884 or Pat.Zaferis@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 9 July 2019