Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $64184.86 - $90122.83 per annum
Hours Per Week: Up to 38
Requisition ID: REQ140804
Do you have a passion for Mental Health nursing and enjoy helping consumers achieve wellness? The Kiloh team are committed to providing safe and effective care to consumers by assisting them on the journey to recovery.
Where you'll be working
Kiloh Unit, Eastern Suburbs Mental Health Service, Prince of Wales campus, Randwick
What you'll be doing
The vision for South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) is ‘exceptional care, healthier lives’. SESLHD is committed to enabling our community to be healthy and well, and to providing the best possible compassionate care when people need it.
All staff are expected to act as an appropriate and effective role model and promote culture and supporting practices that reflect the NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment through demonstrated behaviours and interactions with patients, clients and employees. The Registered Nurse coordinates and delivers high quality nursing care to patients/clients of the Eastern Suburbs Mental Health Service consistent with SESLHD and Eastern Suburbs Mental Health Service policies, procedures and standards.
There is opportunity to obtain experience and work on rotation in other units in Eastern Suburbs Mental Health Service including PECC, MHICU, Rehabilitation and Older Persons Inpatient Mental Health Unit.
The vision for nursing in the Eastern Suburbs Mental Health Service is to provide meaning and purpose to plan for the future; have reference to an inspirational statement that is consistent with the purpose and values of nursing ; and to inspire nurses to provide the highest quality healthcare to patients in any circumstance.
South Eastern Sydney Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated high level written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to identify key messages, issues and concerns when communicating with others.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively engage with patients/clients to enhance service delivery and to guide others in providing service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and apply professional and ethical boundaries when dealing with complex situations.
- Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of recovery principles and commitment to the philosophy and practice of consumer, family and carer participation and consumer focused care.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to deliver high quality patient care in Mental Health at a post graduate level
- Proven experience in the provision of care and assessment and management of risk within the mental health environment