At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Registered Rad Tech must be flexible with work hours to meet department needs. Must be dependable, accountable and cooperative. Assists with providing safe, age appropriate care to the patient by performing all exams provided by the department according to department procedures. Has the knowledge and ability to properly and safely obtain a quality diagnostic study. Responsible for performing a wide variety of technical procedures requiring independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of the equipment for the diagnosis and/or treatment of diseases. Able to independently perform job functions. Sets up the equipment to provide imaging service and positions patient for the procedure. Works with students during their clinical rotation.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology.
Required Minimum Certification
- ARRT - R;
- Current BLS certification
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills because this position requires frequent verbal and written communications with: physicians, patients, visitors, departmental staff and nursing staff.
- Candidate must be able to explain or give directions to maintain goodwill, and obtain cooperation with all contacts. Must possess the ability to function independently and under pressure while still actively participating in a team environment. Employee must exhibit excellent customer service skills at all times.
- Must be able to perform effectively in a stressful and fast paced work environment.
- Must have the ability to prioritize appropriately. Must be detail oriented and have the capacity to effectively multitask throughout the work shift.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the capacity to interact professionally with a variety of "customers", including but not limited to patients, families, co-workers, volunteers, and physicians throughout the work shift.
- Must possess the ability to function independently, yet productively as a cooperative team member with various work teams associated with the position.
- Must be compliant, with a willingness to follow all Hospital policies as well as the established practices, protocols and procedures of the position, department and applicable professional standards Competent in all aspects of Diagnostic Radiology, patient positioning, exposure factors and radiation protection.
- Must have an understanding of anatomy and pathology as to how they affect the quality of a procedure.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!