About your opportunity ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/nwhhs )
- The Registered Nurse works in the McKinlay Shire Multipurpose Health Service (MPHS) providing professional, safe and quality patient and family centred nursing care; enhancing and enabling positive patient experience and outcomes by fostering support, collaboration, and partnership with patient, families/carers and other health service providers.
- You will need to contribute and be part of an innovative, dynamic and diverse Nursing and Midwifery team that recognises and values professionalism, leadership and excellence in patient and family centred healthcare as part of the North West HHS Nursing and Midwifery Professional Practice Model (PPM).
What we are seeking:
- Demonstrated ability to comprehensively assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care to achieve goals and health outcomes.
- Knowledge of legal and professional responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide nursing leadership, support and mentorship to other Registered Nurses (RNs); Enrolled Nurses (ENs) and Assistants in Nursing (AINs).
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately manage allocated resources under the supervision of line manager.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships with the multidisciplinary team, patients and other stakeholders, including participation in relevant networks.
- High standard of written and oral communication skills with the multidisciplinary team, patients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to use or willingness to learn to use information systems appropriate to the position.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical education and support and demonstrate own ongoing professional development.
- Proven ability to participate and support activities required as part of contribution towards the NWHHS Nursing and Midwifery PPM.
- Proof of qualification, registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA) and a current practising certificate is mandatory.
- Travel to various facilities throughout the NWHHS region may be a requirement of the role.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role.
- This position may require you to work on call, continuous shift rotations, and weekend work as per departmental business requirements.
- Aged Care Pre-employment Screening on the successful applicant will be conducted prior to commencement.
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
What's on offer? ( https://www.mckinlay.qld.gov.au/ )
Permanent full-time role, 76 hours per fortnight.
Generous remuneration package value up to $106,369 p.a. comprising:
- salary range between $72,471 to $92,954 p.a. (Nurse Grade 5)
- annual recreational leave p.a. with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include:
- Rural and Remote Nursing Incentive Package
- Accommodation assistance
- sick leave accrual
- professional development
- salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice )
- shift, locality and laundry allowances
- access to corporate discounts and employee wellness and assistance programs.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Dianne Phillips on 07 4764 1742.
Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website and close Wednesday 1 July 2020.