About your opportunity ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/nwhhs )
- The Clinical Nurse works in the McKinlay Shire Multipurpose Health Service (MPHS) providing advanced professional and clinical leadership in the delivery and coordination of professional, safe and quality patient and family centred nursing care.
- You will need to contribute and be part of an innovative, dynamic and diverse Nursing and Midwifery team that recognises and values professionalism, leadership and excellence in patient and family centred healthcare as part of the North West HHS Nursing and Midwifery Professional Practice Model (PPM).
What we are seeking:
- Proven ability to comprehensively assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care at an advanced level within a complex environment in the McKinlay Shire MPHS specialty.
- Knowledge of legislation, professional standards, policy and procedure as they apply to this role.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with team members, patients and other stakeholders, including participation in relevant networks to achieve work unit outcomes.
- Proven ability to provide advanced nursing leadership in the clinical and professional setting including the role modelling of effective communication and problem solving.
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate the development of clinical governance and practice standards required in provision and delivery of safe and quality care.
- Proven ability to use information and reporting systems appropriate to the position.
- Proven ability to provide clinical education and support at an advanced level and demonstrate own professional development.
- Proven ability to lead activities required as part of contribution towards the NWHHS Nursing and Midwifery PPM.
- Proof of qualification, registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA) and a current practising certificate is mandatory.
- Hospital Based Ambulance training is a requirement of this position – this requires a C class manual Queensland license, training is provided through Queensland Ambulance.
- Travel to various facilities throughout the NWHHS region may be a requirement of the role.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role.
- While not mandatory, there is an expectation that the successful applicant will possess or be working towards a post-graduate qualification in a relevant clinical speciality.
- Aged Care Pre-employment Screening on the successful applicant will be conducted prior to commencement.
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
What's on offer? ( https://www.mckinlay.qld.gov.au/ )
Permanent full-time role, 76 hours per fortnight.
Generous remuneration package value up to $115,848 p.a. comprising:
- salary range between $94,545 to $101,237 p.a. (Nurse Grade 6 - Band 1)
- annual recreational leave p.a. with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include:
- Rural and Remote Nursing Incentive Package
- Accommodation assistance
- sick leave accrual
- professional development
- salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice )
- shift, locality and laundry allowances
- access to corporate discounts and employee wellness and assistance programs.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Dianne Phillips on 07 4764 1742.
Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website and close Wednesday 1 July 2020.