Alberta Health Services (AHS) is inviting applications from family physicians with a background in low risk obstetrics to join the Department of Family Medicine in Calgary.
This position will provide call group coverage (including days, evenings, nights, and weekends) with the Northwest Maternity Group and the Foothills Medical Centre. The successful physician must be able to fill the scheduling requirements of 3 hospital shifts per month (minimum), and 3 clinic shifts per month (minimum), and will integrate seamlessly into a multidisciplinary team environment including licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs).
The Foothills Medical Centre is an important training facility for residents and students, being affiliated with the University of Calgary. As such, the successful candidate will also be required to apply for a Clinical Academic Appointment in the Department of Family Medicine, University of Calgary to play a critical role in supporting this valuable program.
The successful applicant will:
- be certified in Family Medicine with the Canadian College of Family Physicians
- hold active licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- have current medical liability insurance coverage
- demonstrate strong, clear communication skills including written, auditory, and verbal
- have two years of obstetrical experience in Calgary
- Provide evidence of Mandatory Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Have experience working at the Foothills Medical Centre
Fee for Service
The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.
Team Lead, Administrative Operations and Physician Services, Department of Family Medicine
Email: [email protected]
Applicant are to submit three letters of reference and curriculum vitae (in pdf format) to: Sarah. [email protected] by 2 July 2020.
|Location:||Canada Alberta Calgary|
|Salary:||Excellent Remuneration and Benefits CAD per year|
Healthcare and Medical
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.