Alberta Health Services (AHS) is inviting applications from family physicians with a background in low risk obstetrics to join the Department of Family Medicine in Calgary.
“Group 1” at the Rockyview General Hospital is a group of family physicians providing obstetrical care to a roster of 30-70 patients per month. This group is seeking to hire a permanent call group member.
This position will provide call group coverage (including days, evenings, nights, and weekends) at the Rockyview General Hospital. The successful physician will be expected to work a regular weekday shift per week (usually alternating a night shift and a day shift) and participate in weekend and holiday coverage to an equal extent as current call group members. This physician will integrate seamlessly into a multidisciplinary team environment including licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs).
The Rockyview General Hospital is an important training facility for residents and students, being affiliated with the University of Calgary. As such, the successful candidate will also be required to apply for a Clinical Academic Appointment in the Department of Family Medicine, University of Calgary to play a critical role in supporting this valuable program.
Group 1 is looking for a physician with excellent obstetrical skills and experience. We are looking for dynamic person who is comfortable functioning in a busy obstetrical unit with competing demands. We are looking for a good communicator, who can put patients at ease, and integrate into our diverse group. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in regular call group meetings and assist with various call group initiatives such as quality control projects and administrative duties.
The successful applicant will:
- be certified in Family Medicine with the Canadian College of Family Physicians
- hold active licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
- have current medical liability insurance coverage
- demonstrate strong, clear communication skills including written, auditory, and verbal
- have two years of obstetrical experience in Calgary
- Provide evidence of current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Have experience working at the Rockyview General Hospital
- Have experience working with Call Group 2
- Have an established community practice with the ability to contribute prenatal patients to our roster
Fee for Service
The Practitioner is responsible for purchasing health and insurance benefits.
Team Lead, Administrative Operations and Physician Services, Department of Family Medicine
Email: [email protected]
Applicants are to submit three letters of reference and curriculum vitae (in pdf format) to: [email protected] by 2 July 2020
|Location:||Canada Alberta Calgary|
|Salary:||Excellent Remuneration and Benefits CAD per year|
Healthcare and Medical
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.