About your opportunity ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/nwhhs )
The purpose of the position is to provide advanced clinical care to consumers requiring acute mental health and/or drug and alcohol services; including but not limited to:
- early intervention
- crisis management
- short term evidenced based treatment and/or support and management through transition to continued care or external referral services within an acute care framework.
The acute care service is an integrated multidisciplinary model of service within the North West Hospital and Health Service Mental Health and ATODS teams. The position works within a defined service integration pathway across program areas to maximise opportunities for recovery and improve access to services.
What we are seeking:
- Clinical Knowledge: Advanced clinical knowledge and skills in the area of triage, assessment and intervention of people presenting with mental health/drug and alcohol disorders. Has a well developed understanding and ability to apply the Mental Health Act 2016 or an ability to quickly attain by working towards becoming, an Authorised Mental Health Practitioner (AMHP) as required under the Mental Health Act 2016.
- Patient Focus: Proven ability to work within a holistic, multidisciplinary model of care to provide a service to people with a mental illness and or substance use issues that is client centred, flexible and individualised, recovery focussed and culturally appropriate.
- Team Focus: Builds and maintains strong relationships within and outside of the team, demonstrates open communication and work towards maintaining a positive work culture. Demonstrates an ability to work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrates a well developed understanding of the relevant standards and processes and actively identifies areas for improvement, planning and acting to resolve issues with an awareness of community needs. Proactively manages own continuous learning and development.
- Work Values: Demonstrates honest, integrity and respect for all consumers, carers and staff.
- Minimum requirements are relevant tertiary-level Degree and registration with, or eligibility for same, with the associated practice board.
- AMHP status, or working towards same, is highly desirable.
- Travel may be a requirement of this role.
- Class C motor vehicle licence.
- 7-day rotating roster.
- For Social Workers: a ‘working with children check' from the Blue Card Services will be sought on the successful applicant.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role.
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
What's on offer?
Permanent full-time role, 76 hours per fortnight.
Generous remuneration package value up to $115,848 p.a. comprising:
- Clinical Nurses - salary between $94,545 to $101,237 p.a. (Nurse Grade 6 - Band 1) or
- Psychologists, Social Workers or Occupational Therapists - salary between $65,894 to $96,849 p.a. (HP3)
- annual recreational leave p.a. with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include:
- sick leave accrual
- professional development
- salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice )
- shift, locality and laundry allowances
- access to corporate discounts and employee wellness and assistance programs.
For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Ruby Bell on 07 4744 7103.
Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website and close Wednesday 8 July 2020.