An opportunity has become available for several Clinical Nurses (Coronary Care Unit/Cardiothoracic Inpatient Unit) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
You will take responsibility for
- Providing leadership, direction and support to other nursing staff, students and the interdisciplinary team as well as providing clinical leadership utilising advanced clinical skills, knowledge and problem-solving skills in Cardiology and Cardiothoracic nursing
- Responsibility and accountability for role modelling excellent patient focused, evidence-based nursing care at an advanced level for patients with acute cardiac events and interventions, including acute coronary syndromes, cardiac arrhythmias, acute congestive heart failure, pre and post interventional cardiac procedures as well as pre and post cardiothoracic surgery
- Proactively in seeking all learning opportunities available
Requirements for the role
- A Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position
- Registration as a Registered Nurse under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act 2009 with a current annual practicing certificate from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency is essential
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: as required by HR Policy B1 measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- A Graduate Certificate or greater within a relevant specialty area is highly desirable. Where the successful applicant does not currently hold this qualification, commitment to completion of post-graduate study would be encouraged
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent part time, temporary part time, (6 months with possibility of extension, hrs negotiable)
- Base salary ranging from $47.68 - $51.05 per annum/per fortnight/per hour
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About Coronary Care Unit and Cardiothoracic Inpatient Unit
The Coronary Care Unit (CCU) / Cardiothoracic Inpatient (CTS) Unit operates from B4N at Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH). Currently this unit encompasses 6 CCU beds and 16 cardiothoracic and/or cardiology beds. Nursing care is delivered by knowledgeable, skilled clinical nurses, registered nurses and enrolled nurses utilising a team nursing model.
The unit is a rapidly expanding tertiary level service that offers a supportive environment in which to build skill and gain experience. Post graduate education is encouraged and supported. Regular in-service and workshops are provided and the Clinical Nurse (CN) is expected to attend and deliver designated education sessions. A Clinical Facilitator and Clinical Nurse Educator are available Monday to Friday.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework ( https://www.goldcoast.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team/recruitment/how-we-recruit ) which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Tuesday, 4 August 2020
Job Ad reference: GC349352
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.