The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is one of excellence… to emerge as the leaders in health care, research and education for regional Australia.
Do you have what it takes to make a substantial contribution to our vision?
- Passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
- Prepared to question and advocate for what is important?
- A person who meets challenges head on?
About your opportunity
The Clinical Informatics Specialist (Clinical Nurse/Midwife Consultant) is accountable at an advanced practice level for the coordination of clinical practice and the provision of human and material resources within The Townsville Hospital and Health Service.
The ideal applicant will be someone who has:
- Proven ability to provide expert nursing leadership and coordination within an multidisciplinary environment.
- Sound knowledge of contemporary nursing practice and theory and the ability to apply relevant legislation, guidelines and standards.
- Ability to integrate the strategic direction and priorities for quality improvement into the clinical service, establishing a quality framework.
- Demonstrated advanced leadership, negotiation, conflict resolution and change management skills to ensure customer focused service provision amongst the multidisciplinary team. Demonstrated high level of communication skills required for problem solving and decision making.
- Proven ability to use information and reporting systems appropriate to the position.
- Ability to demonstrate ongoing professional development of self and others.
- Understanding of teaching and learning in the health care environment (adult learning principles) with demonstrated clinical teaching and facilitation skills.
Requirements of the role:
- Nursing: Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and possession of a current practising certificate. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager prior to commencement of clinical duties.
- Mandatory: Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery (or equivalent) is a mandatory qualification for this position.
- Highly Desirable: Possession of a relevant postgraduate qualification in an appropriate field is highly desirable. Such experience may be discipline specific or have a service area focus.
- Highly Desirable: Experience in implementing large scale clinical change initiatives within a hospital environment and possessing certification as a Health Informatician (Certified Health Informatician Australasia – CHIA) would be well regarded.
- Travel: Please note, from time-to-time this position will be required to travel to, and work at, other facilities located within the Rural Hospitals Service Group network to participate in meetings for planning, quality, performance, training and education, or clinical activities. This may involve day and/or overnight stays. Travel on small planes or ferry may be required. The successful applicant/s will need to be able to commit to this requirement.
Generous remuneration package value up to $144,228 p.a. comprising salary range of $116,092 to $126,037 p.a. (NRG7), 17.5% leave loading, 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, corporate discounts, wellness programs and the EAP.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (320+ days/year). Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic. Appreciate the country town `feel' and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
Living in Townsville, the largest regional centre in the North. ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville/living-in-townsville )