An opportunity has become available for a Occupational Therapist/Psychologist/Social Worker – Senior (Mental Health Worker - Recovery) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
You will take responsibility for
- Providing efficient and responsive mental health assessment and management at a high level, within the Acute Care Team, in a variety of settings including Community, Gold Coast University Hospital (GCUH) and Robina Hospital in accordance with professional, ethical and National Mental Health standards, Queensland Mental Health Act 2016 commensurate with level of clinical experience
- Providing intensive, developmentally appropriate, community-centred, mental health interventions and ongoing assessments for patients who require higher intensity services including risk assessment, crisis management, safety planning treatment, rehabilitation and support to recover from mental illness
- Delivering high level clinical services in accordance with professional code of ethics and National Practice Standards for the Mental Health Workforce
- Delivering high level independent mental health services including a high level of assessment, collaborative treatment planning and case management or case collaboration for difficult to engage and/or high risk patients with severe and complex mental health problems, and their carers/families, beyond routine day to day presentations
Requirements for the role
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- While not mandatory, appointment or eligibility for appointment as an Authorised Mental Health Practitioner under the Mental Health Act 2016 would be well regarded
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment as required by HR Policy B1 measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a government vehicle and an appropriate Licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent full time
- Base salary ranging from $106 833 - $114 960 per annum
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About Acute Care Team
The Acute Care Team (ACT) is a specialised mental health service that seeks to deliver care and support that respects the individual's rights, preserves their dignity, and promotes recovery and inclusion. The ACT aims to provide a service that acknowledges an individual's strengths and abilities, and is welcoming, accessible, responsive, collaborative and safe.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework ( https://www.goldcoast.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team/recruitment/how-we-recruit ) which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Wednesday, 12 August 2020.
Job Ad reference: GC349827
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.