Alberta Health Services is seeking an outstanding leader with experience in rural medicine to lead the Calgary Zone Department of Rural Medicine.
The department has over 600 physician members which include family physicians and specialists. Members of the rural medical staff provide care in eight rural hospitals and three urgent care centres that serve a population of over 300,000 people in a vast geographical area outside the city of Calgary.
· Leading and participating in the ongoing development and evaluation of rural services within the Calgary Zone
· Leadership and recruitment of a competent physician workforce
· Leadership and oversight of 10 Zone Clinical Section Chiefs
· Supporting the provision of high quality clinical care and the provision of continuing professional development for department members
The successful candidate will work in a dyad partnership with the Executive Director, Rural Health. The Zone Clinical Department Head will work collaboratively with other medical and operational leadership, Primary Care Networks, and community partners to provide high quality inpatient, outpatient, primary health care and other community-based services.
The Zone Clinical Department Head is directly accountable to the Zone Medical Director.
Research and teaching opportunities also exist for interested applicants.
· Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to effectively develop and lead teams.
· Demonstrated successful interpersonal and communication skills.
· Proven organizational skills.
· Knowledge of Calgary Zone-AHS structure, governance, clinical and operational departments.
· Ability to identify and balance priorities and interest of the public, Alberta Health Services, and physicians.
The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Must read, write and speak English.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
As per AHS Medical Affairs Honoraria Standards.
Dr. Colin Del Castilho
Calgary Zone Associate Zone Medical Director, Community, Rural, and Continuing Care
Email: [email protected]
|Location:||Canada Alberta Okotoks|
|Salary:||Excellent Remuneration and Benefits CAD per year|
Healthcare and Medical
PLEASE! No enquiries from Recruitment Agencies or Headhunters.
Only direct applications will be considered.