At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Registered Nurse (RN) for the Support Team is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care. They practice in a clinical environment that is administered by Nurse Managers and other leaders and is supported through the WellStar Shared Governance Model. The framework for practice is steered by the WellStar Professional Practice Model, 5-Star Nursing and evidence based practice and research. RN competencies are derived from these models and supported by the WellStar Core Competencies.
It is expected that all RN Clinical Nurses are licensed, knowledgeable and uphold the practice of nursing as outlined by the Georgia Professional Nurse Practice Act and implements the Scope of Practice and Code of Ethics Standards put forth by the American Nurses Association. As a member of the patient services team, it is expected that the individual upholds the voice of the patient, system policies and procedures while supporting service excellence goals.
Required Minimum Education:
· Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing
· Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred
· National certification in area of specialty preferred
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
· Current/active license as a registered nurse in the State of Georgia
· Must have a current BLS and ACLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position
Required Minimum Experience:
· Two (2) years of current direct patient care experience
Required Minimum Skills:
· Ability to read, write and speak English
· Optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills
· Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills along with customer service skills required
· Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and respond to emergencies in using a decisive, composed and respectful manner
· Possess excellent time management skills; practices nursing using evidence and analytical skills along with possessing strong critical thinking skills
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!