At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Lab Support Service Specialist performs technical and non-technical duties within the Laboratory service areas on the hospital campus. Duties included, but not limited to:
- HIS/LIS data entry, troubleshooting and laboratory technical support functions
- Customer Service for all patients and health care providers.
- Specimen receipt and processing including preparing specimens for transport to reference labs, microbiology processing, loading samples on lab automation and preparing samples for the technical staff.
- Phlebotomy procedures including all types of specimen collection techniques.
- Assist in multiple areas as workload and staffing changes.
Required Minimum Education
- High School Graduate or possess a General Educational Development (GED) Diploma from an accredited program.
Required Minimum Experience
- Experience in either phlebotomy or specimen processing in an outpatient or hospital laboratory environment required. Phlebotomy training in a school program which occurs in a hospital setting is also acceptable.
Required Minimum Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, customer service, multi-tasking and organizational skills, professionalism, detail and team-oriented, data entry, typing 40 wpm and working computer knowledge.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!