An opportunity has become available for a Clinical Nurse (Acute Surgical Unit) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10 000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
You will take responsibility for
- Providing leadership as a resource person and role model in the clinical setting and in professional relationships, and act as a mentor for less experience staff and champion local and Hospital and Health Service change initiatives
- Assisting with the development of, and initiates nursing management plans for surgical patients admitted under the Acute Surgical Unit Model
- Assisting with the facilitation of patient discharges to ensure adequate capacity for patient admissions
- Working closely with the Acute Surgical Unit treating team (Consultant, Registrars and Residents), Emergency Department nursing team, Day Surgery Unit, Surgical Admission Unit and Recovery nursing teams, multidisciplinary teams and the community
Requirements for the role
- A Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position
- Registration as a Registered Nurse under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act 2009 with a current annual practicing certificate from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency is essential
- A Graduate Certificate or greater within a relevant specialty area is highly desirable
- It is a condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment as required by HR Policy B1: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) and hepatitis B
- It is a condition of employment in this role for new employees to GCHHS to undertake a tuberculosis screening, to identify if the tuberculosis vaccination may be required in accordance with the Queensland Health Protocol
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Permanent full time
- Base salary ranging from $94 545 - $101 237 per annum
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 17.5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About Gold Coast Acute Surgical Unit
The Gold Coast Acute Surgical Unit (GASU) primarily provides care for General Surgery, Urology, Gynaecology, Maxillofacial, Orthopaedic, Plastic and Ear Nose and Throat unscheduled pre-operative patients who have been decanted from the Emergency Department. Secondly, in consultation with the ASU Consultant, GASU decants inpatient units of general surgical patients who are booked on the daily ASO theature list to decrease theatre delays and to create inpatient unit capacity through same day discharge of post-operative patients. Lastly, when not impeding on the core business of decanding the Emergency Department, GASU will assist the overflow of Recovery by accepting post-operative patients awaiting ward allocation. GASU is situated on D Block level 2 in the Perioperative/Day Surgery Unit space. The GASU nursing team consists of a Clinical Nurse Consultant, Clinical Nurse, Registered Nurses and an Enrolled Nurse. Currently, GASU is a Monday to Friday 07:00 to 23:00 hours service and closes on Public Holidays.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Monday, 3 August 2020.
Job Ad reference: GC349339
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.